9 Layer Greek Dip
I’m always looking for new recipe ideas for appetizers instead of serving the same ol’ same ol’. While browsing Pinterest for recipes, I found a recipe for a 7 Layer Greek Dip. (this is the one I found: 7 layer Greek Dip)
I took that recipe and changed it up a bit seeing that I cannot seem to follow a recipe exactly as directed, which makes duplicating the food I make a challenge.
My changes to the recipe required changing the name from 7 Layer to 9 Layer Greek Dip. (The addition of fresh diced tomatoes and parsley….delish!!)
- 1/2 cup sliced roasted red pepper
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- Half block of Cream Cheese
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 cup Hummus (I used Garlic Lovers…yum!)
- 1 cup peeled and chopped Cucumber
- 2/3 cup pitted and chopped Kalamata Olives
- 1 cup crumbled Feta cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped Sun-dried tomatoes
- ½ cup chopped Tomatoes (I know we’re using sun-dried too but fresh adds a nice flavor)
- 3 Green Onions, chopped
- ¼ cup Parsley, chopped
(Note: I didn’t measure exactly I just used enough to make nice layers of each of the ingredients)
- In a blender, combine roasted red pepper, yogurt, cream cheese, garlic, basil and and pepper until smooth.
- Spread hummus evenly into the bottom of a 9-inch round pie plate.
- Spread the red pepper mixture evenly on top of the hummus.
- Top red pepper mixture with an even layer of the cucumbers, then the feta cheese, tomatoes, olives, sun-dried tomatoes, green onion & parsley.
- Serve immediately or allow to chill in the refrigerator for a little while.
- Serve with Pita bread wedges, Pita chips or Tortilla Chips for dipping.
This 9 Layer Greek Dip was easy and fairly quick to make and might I add a HUGE hit!
I’m wondering if we can make it an even 10 Layer Greek Dip? Do you have another topping idea??? Please share! Give it a try 🙂
Happy 9 Layer Greek Dip Making to you!!
Bacon & Kids is on Facebook, Twitter & Pinterest, stop by and say hi 😀