Here is a post from my Hayden Consulting Blog to help prepare you for Monday!
By ~ Betty Hayden
Shake it up Baby! That’s how you can start loving Mondays. Yes, I said it – Love Monday and Tuesday, and Wednesday and Thursday! You already love Friday, right? Well, get ready to love the others by Shaking up Monday.
How do you Shake it Up? First, you need to prepare for Monday on Sunday. Try this:
- What will you wear?- Lay out your work clothes. (Make sure they are clean & wrinkle-free.)
- What will you eat?- Prepare your lunch & healthy snacks.
- What to do? – Make your to-do-list. (Purging your brain of everything you need to accomplish will help you sleep better.)
- Where is it? – Put your keys, purse/wallet, etc. near the door.
- Go to bed early – (Staying up too late will only make you crabby in the morning.)
Okay, so there are some of your Sunday responsibilities. Here’s what you do Monday Morning:
- Wake Up – Tell yourself this: “I’m going to make this a GREAT day!”
- Eat a healthy Breakfast! Do not skip this important meal.
- Dress the part, if you want it to be a great day, start by looking great. (Brush & style your hair, if you’re a woman put on some make-up, wear a special piece of jewelry, etc.)
- Leave early enough to allow yourself plenty of time to arrive at work without feeling rushed.
So now, you’re getting ready to walk in to work – put a smile on your face and remind yourself that “you” are going to make it a great day. And here are some “Shake it Up” tips:
- Act like it’s the happiest day of your life.
- Greet your fellow co-workers. (If you are the only one there, look in the mirror and say hello beautiful…. kidding.)
- Start the work day with a morning huddle – this will keep everyone on the same page, and gives you the opportunity to set “the tone” for the day. Encourage everyone to share their ideas for marketing, better customer service and increased productivity.
- Learn something new – Look to learn better & fresh ways of doing things by reading books, magazines, listening to podcasts, watching a webinar, attending seminars and learning from those around you. Remember this, you can learn a lot by getting feed back from your customers (good & bad).
- Get some fresh air – if possible, eat your lunch outside the office or take a short walk during your break. A breath of fresh air and change in scenery will help clear your mind and reinvigorate you.
- Drink plenty of water and eat foods that refresh, not ones that make you feel tired & sluggish.
- Work from a to-do-list. If there’s something that must be done, go ahead and get it finished. Get busy, get it done, and feel the freedom of no longer having it hanging over your head.
I really like this quote from Brian Tracy: ”Your ability to discipline yourself to do what you should, when you should do it, whether you feel like it or not, is the key to becoming a great person and living a great life.” Great advice!
These are just some of the many suggestions and helpful tips out there to help you “Love Monday” – and if with all of these suggestions you still “hate Monday” well then, try this:
Turn the volume up on your computer, Play this video by the Beatles http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVlr4g5-r18 and “Shake it Up baby!”
Make it a GREAT Day!
Yours for Success,
“Every moment is your opportunity to build a life that’s rich and full, so take a deep breath, aim for the stars, and make it happen.” — Ralph Marston